Craigs, County Antrim
Ir. Na Creaga [na kraga] ‘the rocks’.
Hamlet is 2.5km NW of Cullybackey
The site of the medieval parish church is in a graveyard in the subdenomination of the townland of Craigs known as AGHNAKILLA(Ir. Achadh na Cille ‘field of the church’) [the Creggs 1604].
ReferencesMcKay, P. (2007): A Dictionary of Ulster Place-Names, p. 48
Historical name form
- Parish in 1851
- Place name ID
- Place name type