Killeeshil Parish, County Tyrone
Ir. Cill Íseal [kill eeshil] ‘low church’.
Townland is 6km NE of Ballygawley
bar: Dungannon Lower
The present Church of Ireland church marks the site of an early monastery. The parish of Killeeshil was created in 1732 out of the neighbouring parish of Carnteel [Killissyll 1455].
cf. Killeeshil td.10575
Historical name form
|Old Form||Ref. Date||Reference|
|or deep mountain hollow""||1999||NIPNP signage PMcK/FC|
- Dungannon Lower
- Parish in 1851
- Place name ID
- Place name type